Hi, we’re Aceville. We’re best known for our best-selling publications, market-leading brands and large digital reach. We’re taking our decades-long customer insight and execution experience and delivering digital products that inspire people to learn a new craft in the home, ignite children’s curiosity and love of reading and writing, and helping 100,000’s of entrepreneurs start their own businesses. We go big on learning and education, and support some of the biggest brands in the world reach new audiences.
In many areas you’ll have an outsized impact on the direction of our products.
* Product Strategy: In partnership with product stakeholders, you’ll create and refine a long-term product strategy that marries our edge platform advantages with the needs we’re seeing from existing and potential future customers.
* Market Position: Through research of the market, our brand advantages, and the competitive landscape, you’ll help shape what an industry-leading product can be for us.
* Product Culture: We’re a small, but growing team so there’s lots of scope to determine how the product discipline should work here. We know we’re not perfect and we’re excited about improving our practices with you.
As a Product Manager, you’ll
* Manage multiple high-priority products accelerating user growth and subscriptions.
* Define and execute product vision and strategy
* Contribute end-to-end through discovery, the design and development processes, through to delivery for new features and iterations. You’ll build a compelling product roadmap based on customer needs, resources, and strategic opportunities.
* Collaborate closely with designers, and developers to deliver a product of remarkable quality
* Use qualitative and quantitative data to validate product directions
* Deliver high-quality designs, participate in design reviews, and present work regularly for feedback
* Contribute to all aspects of design including creating prototypes, wireframes, and workflow diagrams to improve product experiences
* Weigh difficult tradeoffs, taking into account customer, product, engineering and reporting requirements against delivery time and resources
Who you are:
* You have at least 1 years experience in Product Management and a track record of creating products that people love
* You understand and deliver on the different aspects of product management: Empathise with customers, strong communication & leadership skills, visioning the product, product development processes & lifecycles, working with the team & technical knowledge
* You’re data-informed in your approach to product management and know-how to measure success
* You’re experienced working with agile teams
* You are fluent in both written and spoken English
* Confident communicating complex product challenges
* Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders
Aceville is a DC Thomson company – one of the UK’s five biggest publishers with over 100 years of content experience under its belt. DC Thomson is going through a product transformation and as such, there’s never been a more exciting time to join this company which enjoys both the benefits of cutting-edge tools and in-house expertise, plus a benefits package that includes an unrivalled pension scheme, healthcare, generous annual leave, birthdays off, staff discounts and much more.
We aim to move as fast as possible, usually 2-3 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other. If you’re excited by the challenge but are unsure whether you meet the hiring criteria please apply. We consider every serious application. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.apply now