Aceville Publications’ craft department is looking for an innovative, hardworking and meticulous Editorial Assistant to join the PaperCrafter magazine team.
The successful applicant will either have proven experience in consumer journalism, or be a Journalism, Media or English Language graduate keen to further their editorial career.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent written skills for print, online and social media, be highly organised and relish working in a busy, fast-paced magazine office. They will be accurate with a keen creative eye and not be fazed by handling a multitude of tasks at one time.
No two days will be the same, with a need to juggle between writing engaging news and features, sourcing inspiring images, producing audience-friendly content for its website and social media accounts, and helping the magazine through its final production stage with careful proofreading and subbing.
The successful candidate will be based in our craft department and become part of a motivated, experienced and passionate team of creative individuals.
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Ability to seamlessly switch between writing for print and digital media
- Be an efficient, multi-tasker with a can-do attitude
- Sound understanding and experience of writing for online and social media audiences
- Excellent communication skills with the flexibility to grow with our brands
- Ability to generate new and exciting ideas whilst keeping the magazine’s audience firmly in mind
- Understanding of online and social media platforms and how to utilise them to the benefit of the magazine
- If you think you have what it takes to join the UK’s most dynamic craft department then we want to hear from you.
This job is an office-based, full time position and based in Colchester.
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter and two examples of your work (online and print) to firstname.lastname@example.org