Grow Your Own magazine is looking for an innovative Content Creator, who has first-rate feature writing abilities, the ability to multitask and prioritise a dynamic workload, and who is highly organised, driven and knowledgeable. A passion for gardening and nature is also a must. If writing engaging copy, recording and producing an award-winning podcast, communicating with an engaged social media following, which includes our thriving forum The Grapevine, and making a mark on a national brand sounds like a challenge you’re equipped for, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will be a versatile and accomplished content writer for both print and online, hungry for innovation and able to pivot between editorial, promotional and commercial tasks effortlessly. You’ll feel energised by a fast-paced environment and are able to work with multiple departments to ensure the smooth and creative delivery of products and projects. No two days will ever be the same – flexibility and enthusiasm are intrinsic to success in this role. Print journalism and digital content experience is required; this is a senior editorial position.
- Research, write, collate and sign-off editorial, commercial and promotional content for Grow Your Own, spanning various projects, platforms (print and digital) and briefs, to multiple deadlines
- Be central to the development and content of Grow Your Own brand extensions, including The Dirt podcast, The Grow Show and The Great British Growing Awards
- Manage and drive the strategy of promotional magazine polybags
- Commission and brief experts and contributors for content in print and online
- Develop, grow and manage websites, e-newsletters and social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
- Build and nurture relationships with PRs, contributors, advertisers and other external contacts
- Oversee and line manage junior staff and interns
- Represent the company in a professional manner at client meetings and shows
- Plan and direct photo shoots and video shoots, including sourcing products and styling, as required
- Perform other tasks delegated by the Head of Editorial (Lifestyle) and Editor to support the team and wider departments, when required
- Previous experience in consumer magazines, plus proven digital and social media experience is essential, as is a keen interest in gardening and nature.
- We are open to considering remote working, but there would be a requirement for some monthly attendance at our Colchester offices.
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter outlining why we should hire you, plus two examples of your work to the Editor of Grow Your Own, Laura Hillier, firstname.lastname@example.org now