The successful applicant will either have proven experience in consumer journalism or be a Journalism, Media, English Language or Literature graduate keen to further their editorial career.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent writing skills for print, online and social media, be highly organised and relish working in a busy, fast-paced magazine office. You should be a stickler for detail and not fazed by working on a multitude of tasks at one time.
No two days will be the same, and you’ll need to juggle between writing engaging news and features, sourcing inspiring images and producing audience-friendly content for its website and social media accounts.
The successful candidate will be based in our dynamic craft department and become part of a motivated, experienced and passionate team of creative individuals.
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Ability to seamlessly adapt between writing for print and digital media
- Ideally an understanding of craft, stitching or dressmaking terminology
- Confident use of social media and online platforms, and how to best utilise them to the benefit of the magazine
- Excellent communication skills with the flexibility to grow with our brands
- Ability to generate new and exciting ideas whilst keeping the magazine’s audience firmly in mind
- Strong organisational skills
- Willing to attend relevant consumer and trade shows, overnight stays as necessary
Aceville Publications is part of DC Thompson Media and offers a range of benefits associated with this role. Including:
- Generous Health Cash Plan.
- Up to 9.5% Pension Contribution
- Health Club discounts including Pure Gym and David Lloyd
- Cycle to work scheme with secure onsite bike storage
If you think you have what it takes to join the UK’s most dynamic craft department, then we want to hear from you.
Deadline for applications: 11th December 2019
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter and two examples of your work (online and print) by completing the application form belowapply now