Aceville Publications is looking for a bright, creative and conscientious deputy editor to join our busy, craft department.
This position requires someone who has been working in an editorial environment, for at least two years. You need to be organised, focused and able to manage a demanding workload and juggle various deadlines. You will be a stickler for detail, have an excellent grasp of grammar and ideally know the difference between knitting and crochet. You will have proven experience of subbing and preferably be familiar with knitting and crochet terminology. You will have a logical and systematic approach, with a good aptitude for maths.
You should be proficient in researching and writing engaging copy both for online and on the page and at a stage where you are confident signing off pages for the press. You will also, preferably, have experience of managing a junior member of staff.
The ideal candidate should be confident on all social media platforms and able to originate fresh, engaging content for the website on a weekly basis to enhance and develop the magazine’s online presence.
Our department is staffed by lively, creative and passionate individuals who are amongst the best and most experienced in the craft industry. The successful candidate will enjoy the benefits of being part of such a rewarding environment.
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Two years proven editorial and online media experience
- Ability to organise, research and write a number of regular pages, overseeing through all stages of production and signing off
- Ability to generate new and exciting feature ideas whilst keeping the magazine’s audience firmly in mind
- Confident use of social media platforms, and how to best utilise them to the benefit of the magazine
- Ability to manage and motivate a junior member of staff
- Able to work closely with an advertising team on commercially-driven content
- Excellent communicator; presentation skills may be required
- Able to attend monthly photoshoots, preparing briefs and calling in relevant products and samples well in advance
- Able to consistently produce clean, accurate copy that is fresh and engaging
- Willing to attend relevant consumer and trade shows, overnight stays as necessary
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter and two examples of your published work to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com now