Aceville Publications’ craft department is looking for a bright, creative and conscientious Content Writer to join its General Crafts vertical. This new, exciting, entry-level graduate position is permanent, full-time, and will be hybrid-based.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent writing skills for print, online and social media and help us to accelerate our digital growth. You’ll need to be highly organised and relish working in a busy, fast-paced magazine environment. You should be numerate with a head for figures, a stickler for detail and not fazed by working on a multitude of tasks at one time.
Ideally, you will have an interest or aptitude for craft but this is not a prerequisite for the role. However, passion, enthusiasm and a desire to succeed are important. You will join a market-leading department of collaborative and creative individuals where you might pivot from writing a blog on the latest trends to sourcing products for a photoshoot. If you are starting out in your journalistic career and you fit the bill then we want to hear from you.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Ability to seamlessly adapt between writing for print and digital media
* Confident with social media and online platforms, and how to best utilise them to the benefit of the magazine
* Excellent communication skills with the flexibility to grow with our brands
* Ability to generate new and exciting ideas whilst keeping the magazine’s audience firmly in mind
* Strong organisational skills
* An understanding of SEO and how to apply this for maximum effect is desirable
* Willingness to attend relevant consumer and trade shows, overnight stays as necessary
* Note: confirmation of re-location to the Colchester area is a prerequisite to the role
* To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working from our Colchester Office. We offer a generous package including up to 25 days annual leave per year, Generous Health Cash Plan, birthday day off after completion of your first year, excellent Pension scheme – up to 9.5% pension contribution, a competitive salary, Free annual eye tests, Health club discounts and Group-wide discounts for products and services from DC Thomson brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.apply now