The Special Projects Hub serves the entirety of the Aceville brand portfolio, which includes Natural Health, Health & Wellbeing, Grow Your Own, the Teach group and a multitude of crafts, franchise and lifestyle brands. It also creates two serialised print products of its own, Modern Home and Make It Today, plus a seasonal contract publishing title for crafting brand Create & Craft.
The ideal candidate will be a versatile and accomplished content writer for both print and online, hungry for innovation and able to pivot between editorial, promotional and commercial tasks effortlessly. You’ll feel energised by a fast-past environment and are able to work with multiple departments to ensure the smooth and creative delivery of products and projects. No two days will ever be the same – flexibility and enthusiasm are intrinsic to success in this role. Print journalism and digital content experience is required; this is a senior editorial position.
Research, write, collate and sign-off editorial, commercial and promotional content for the Special Projects hub, spanning various brands, platforms (print and digital) and briefs, to multiple deadlines
- Manage and drive the development of promotional magazine polybags
- Plan and direct photo shoots and video shoots, including sourcing products and styling, as required
- Commission and brief craft designers, experts and contributors
- Develop, grow and manage websites, e-newsletters and social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- Build and nurture relationships with PRs, contributors, advertisers and other external contacts
- Oversee and line manage junior staff and interns
- Represent the company in a professional manner at client meetings and shows
- Perform other tasks delegated by the Head of Editorial (Lifestyle) and Editor to support the team and wider departments, when required
Previous experience in consumer magazines, plus proven digital and social media experience is essential. This role encompasses, but is not limited to, the craft, health, teach and home sectors.
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter outlining why we should hire you, plus two examples of your work to the Editor of Special Projects Print Hub, Emma Cant email@example.com now